Bachelor of Arts in English
Majors in English may lead to the Bachelor of Arts in English.
Minors in English and creative writing each require 18 hours of coursework.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the English program, graduates will be able to:
- Develop short term and/or long term research projects in literary analysis, cultural studies, and/or digital humanities
- Identify major literary authors, trends, periods, and issues relevant to the discipline
- Exemplify communicative skills in presenting results of research
- Analyze literary trends via close reading
- Acquire some mastery of cultural studies principles through the application of the various approaches to cultural studies